Can the BBRS help with my case?
We may be able to help if you have an unresolved complaint against your bank and are, or were, a:
- Small to medium sized enterprise (SME) or sole trader
- Charity, trust or similar
- Director, significant shareholder, partner or board member of such an organisation, even if it is no longer operating
- Personal guarantor of any such business
If you meet these broad criteria or believe you may qualify for our help, please get in touch. You will need to have:
- An unresolved business banking complaint against one of these banks or their subsidiaries
- Made a formal complaint to your bank from December 2001 onwards, and not had (or been able to have) an independent review, nor agreed a settlement, or gone to court
- At the time of your complaint, had a turnover of:
• 2001- 2009: between £1 million and £6.5 million
• 2009 – 2019: between €2 million and £6.5 million
• 2019 onwards: between £6.5 million and £10 million
You can find more details and full criteria here for our Historical and Contemporary Schemes.
How can the BBRS help me?
We are a non-profit, independent body, providing a high quality, free-of-charge dispute resolution service. Our expert team uses a range of proven approaches to help you and the bank reach a fair and reasonable outcome.
If the BBRS upholds a complaint, it can make a financial or non-financial award in favour of the customer. Maximum financial awards are £350,000 for Historical Cases and £600,000 for Contemporary Cases though the BBRS can recommend more in suitable cases.
The BBRS service is led and overseen by our Chief Adjudicator, a Deputy High Court Judge and accredited mediator.
Once your claim is registered and initial checks complete, your assigned Customer Champion will contact you directly. They will support you throughout your time with the BBRS, telling you which documents are needed, how we are getting on, and what your options are at different stages.
They will also talk you through the outcome and possible next steps.
Registering for support
Please ensure you have:
Already made a complaint about the issue to your bank
Obtained a response from your bank (or received none within a reasonable time)
Not received a satisfactory outcome
Checked to see if we are able to help resolve your business and complaint