BBRS launches recruitment of key SME advisor as it prepares to go live
The BBRS is recruiting a senior figure to chair its SME Liaison Panel
The independent Business Banking Resolution Service has launched a recruitment campaign to hire a senior figure to chair its SME Liaison Panel, which will be a key part of the organisation’s engagement with the small business community after going live.
The SME Liaison Panel will be an independent and transparent advisory council to the BBRS and provide two-way feedback. It is being set up alongside a Bank Liaison Panel with an equivalent role with regard to the scheme’s seven participating banks.
The panel’s job will be:
- to consider emerging trends, issues and areas of concern regarding access to finance and treatment of SMEs
- to ensure there is an ongoing dialogue between the BBRS and its stakeholders that allows the BBRS to address potential concerns and challenges early and effectively, and to make relevant and appropriate recommendations to the BBRS to remedy such concerns and challenges
- to provide on-going independent assessment of how identified issues and concerns are being addressed
- to provide a two-way feedback loop between SMEs and the BBRS to encourage dialogue on, and understanding of, key issues and changes to policy and practice that may be of relevance in the context of the operation of the BBRS Scheme, including with a view to improving customer service and meeting the needs of stakeholders; and
- to facilitate learning from previous significant complaints to inform the handling of future complaints.
Commenting on the recruitment process, BBRS Chair Lewis Shand Smith said:
“The SME voice will be crucial to the successful operation of the BBRS, and the SME Liaison Panel Chair will be central to that objective.
“This is a non-executive role requiring strong SME experience along with the ability to understand, analyse and communicate issues of relevance to the sector, as part of a bigger picture.
“We’re looking for a senior figure who is willing and able to engage with a range of audiences, and across all levels of an organisation and who can also bring highly effective skills in communication, listening and diplomacy.”
Notes to Editors
The Panel Chair will be responsible for:
- working alongside the BBRS to identify and nominate members to the SME Panel who have the requisite experience and commitment to further the objectives of the SME Panel and who, together, represent the views of a broad and diverse SME group and should include SME members from representative business groups and SME industry.
- leadership of the SME Panel and ensuring its overall effectiveness in all aspects of its governance and role;
- facilitating constructive and effective engagement between the Company and the SME Panel, including ensuring that the Panel members receive accurate, timely and clear information from the BBRS;
- engaging with the Board and the Panel members at least annually to understand their views on the governance and performance of the SME Panel;
- reporting the findings, recommendations and actions of the SME Panel to the Board;
- communicating directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Adjudicator and/or the Chairperson; and
- ensuring that the effectiveness of the SME Panel is optimised by the broadest possible participation from the SME community.
Interested applicants can view the full job pack on Starfish Search here.
The closing date for expressions of interest is Monday 14th December 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview in w/c 18th or 25th January 2021.