Will my case be eligible for the BBRS?
It will be the responsibility of the BBRS to determine the eligibility of your complaint. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please do get in touch and we will be happy to discuss the eligibility of your complaint with you.
To enter either scheme, you must be:
- A sole trader or business organisation* that is – or was at the time of the matters alleged in the complaint – a business customer of the participating bank being complained about; or
- A personal Guarantor of one of the above; or
- A Recognised Assignee of one of the above – including a partner or director; or
- A Dissolved Business Entity** that was at the time of the matters alleged in the complaint, a business customer of the participating bank being complained about.
*Business organisations include companies; partnerships; trusts; charities; friendly societies or other co-operative societies in each case formed or incorporated, and (where registration is required) registered, under the law of any part of the UK.
**Historical Scheme only.
Your bank must be one of our participating banks:
- Barclays Bank plc and Barclays Bank UK plc
- Danske Bank
- HSBC UK Bank plc
- Lloyds Banking Group (Lloyds Bank plc and Bank of Scotland plc)
- NatWest Group (including The Royal Bank of Scotland Plc, National Westminster Bank plc, Coutts & Company and Ulster Bank Limited (Northern Ireland))
- Santander UK plc
- Virgin Money (including Clydesdale Bank plc and Yorkshire Bank)
Your complaint must be about a banking service.